A Root Canal Treatment is basically a treatment option needed when the decay has penetrated deep into the tooth and has reached the nerve within or the nerve has been exposed due to excessive wear and tear or some iatrogenic cause resulting in a tremendous amount of pain.
When is Root Canal Treatment is Needed?
Sometimes bacteria enters the pulp of a tooth and causes an infection. When this occurs, root canal therapy is necessary to save the tooth. During this procedure, the infected pulp is removed and the tooth is sealed to prevent reinfection.
Indications of Root Canal Treatment:
- Severe pain while chewing or biting.
- Pimples on the gums.
- A chipped or cracked tooth.
- Lingering sensitivity to hot or cold, even after the sensation has been removed.
- Swollen or tender gums.
- Deep decay or darkening of the gums.
Root Canal Treatment Steps:
The treatment is done under local anesthesia to ensure minimal pain and discomfort.
Following steps are included in the root canal treatment-
- The removal and the cleansing of nerves : Entire nerve is removed and the space is cleaned with some files and chemicals.
- Shaping of the space from which the nerve was removed: The shaping of the canal can be done in two ways i.e with hand files or with motorized files. But most dental clinics in Mumbai generally prefer the motorized system to economize the time factor.
- Filling the space: The shaped canal is now filled with an inert material called gutta percha throughout the entire canal length, after which the treatment is successfully complete.
It takes a minimum of two/ three sittings to complete the treatment depending upon the case but a single sitting Root canal treatment in Mumbai is possible and is very skillfully implemented (depending on the case) for the patient’s convenience, by an in-house endodontist .
Cost of Root Canal Treatment in Mumbai differs from clinic to clinic. Basically it may range from Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000. To find the right cost of root canal treatment in Mumbai, various factors have to be taken into consideration. Even so, It can be difficult to estimate any price without some fundamental factors.
Root canal surgery is the treatment of choice to save and secure a decayed/weak tooth and refurbish its functionality and strength. It also takes care of any infection present beneath the nerve slowly and progressively and prevents it from aggravating or expanding into a cyst or a tumor.