Dental implants has been the new trend for replacement of teeth. Is this dental implant permanent? Can I eat anything with this implant? How to take care of my dental implant?
Dental implants are titanium inserts which is used to replace teeth. Titanium is a biocompatible metal which is left undisturbed after placing in the patients bone for the healing. There are multiple benefits of dental implants therapy which make them popular as a treatment option. People do understand that implants provide a natural tooth like appearance, function and speech. But, dental implant healing phase is very crucial.
What are thedo’s and dont’s after dental implant?
- moist gauze which is placed after surgery ordental implant therapy is used to put pressure at the area which controls bleeding. Therefore, it should be held under pressure for atleast 30-45 minutes.
- Then remove it gently by pushing with tongue and throw in dustbin. Little bleeding is normal in the first 24 hours.
Take care of stitches:
- stitches given at the surgical area has to be kept clean as food debris often lodge at this area. Take care of rinsing after eating anything.
- Stitches are not given in latest technology ieguided implant surgery so the soreness because of these stitch is not there
- no spitting for atleast 24 hours as the bleeding might start again.
- whatever you take in or whatever saliva or fluid is there swallow it.
Keep the mouth or implant site clean:
- in the first 24 hours , other than the implant site all the other teeth can be brushed. Keeping mouth clean is essential for the longevity of dental implants. After that even the implant site can be brushed gently.
- After 24 hours warm water with a pinch of salt rinses atleast 2-3 times a day will help in healing better
Swelling after implants:
- implants can lead to slight swelling or bruises. This will resolve over the week.
- Cold compress can be used to soothe the swelling from outside for maximum 10 minutes with a break of atleast 15 minutes in middle.
Food/ drink to be avoided:
- do not eat anything hard or spicy.
- Avoid any hot drinks for atleast 24 hours.
- Avoid eating anything before the anaesthesia wears off to prevent any unconscious injury to lips or tongue as they are numb and one would not feel anything.
- pain or soreness after surgery can be managed with a simple painkiller and antibiotic. Medications would not only relieve pain but also reduce inflammation.
- If the pain or swelling increases after some days of the implant surgery please report to the dentist again.
Denture or fixed temporary after implant surgery:
- normally any form of extra pressure is avoided to help in healing. But, if the denture or temporary has been given one can wear that but avoid extra pressure by having only soft food and should be kept clean as much as possible.
- completely avoid smoking for atleast a week to prevent damage to the surgical site.
- Tobacco in any form should be avoided for lifetime
Dental implant Maintenance and recall:
- Regular brushing and flossing has to be followed thoroughly
- Mouth rinsing should be done after every meal thoroughly
- Professional cleaning and check-up after every 6 months
Why choose Procare Dental Clinic
Procare dental offers the advanced and latest technology of guided implantology which helps avoid a lot of complications. The predictability of dental implants is increased. Guided implants do not need and opening of the flap so the swelling is avoided, with no stitch and minimal pain along with one of the best dental implant surgeons in Mumbai. We provide you with the best dental implants with in house facilities of 3d scans and digital laboratory which enables one to see the outcome even before the surgery starts. We are there to help you with solutions to all your dental problems with the latest and advanced technology.